Sports Puppy Classes
Sports Puppy classes this summer! What with the influx of puppies lately I am offering two stand alone Sports Puppy classes on Monday mornings in Sherwood starting June 24th:
8am: Baby Sports Puppy (for puppies 4 months and younger) (FULL)
9am: Sports Puppy (for puppies 4 months and older) (FULL)
These classes focus on developing a fun successful working relationship based on play, trust, communication and choice. It's appropriate for puppies with a future in dog sports of any kind. We will be looking at play of all types, games, focus, manners, tricks, body awareness, recalls, shaping, stationing, handling, confidence building and impulse control while you get to know your new puppy!
Classes start June 24th and run 7 weeks for $140 ($130 for existing students in other classes). This class focuses on group activities, please, no reactive or aggressive dogs.
Summer of Tricks - 2019
Yes, I will be offering Trick Classes again this Summer! Tuesday and Wednesday mornings in Sherwood in August, I will be offering the following 4 week classes:
- All About Tricks (Beginning Tricks and training techniques for all ages)
- Tricks for Advanced Dogs (Advanced Tricks for dogs that have mastered the basics)
- "Can You Shape It?" (Tricks trained with shaping!)
(All classes will have the opportunity to complete AKC Trick Titles during classes if desired)
Contact me to be added to the list, sign ups will begin in July
BAA/Poodletopia Summer Agility Party!
Outdoor agility competition and good times at the lovely and plush Poodletopia field (in the morning when it's cool!)! Come join the fun as the BAA hosts two challenging, flowing, open spacing American style courses. Both standard (no table) and jumpers with an overall winner at each jump height. Then stay for a fast and fun Speedstakes competition, just jumps and tunnels, appropriate for any level.
- Save the date! Sunday, September 8th in Brooks, Oregon - starting 8 or 9am, hoping to be finished up by noon
- Choose your own jump height (4/8, 12, 16, 20, 24) - Overall winners at every height
- Time plus faults scoring (5 seconds added for bars and contacts, 20 sec for off courses, refusals not scored, up contacts not scored)
- Training in the ring is allowed (but will remove you from competition), 70 second time limit
- Entries will open in August, 'Day of Entry' will PROBABLY be happening as well - message me with any questions!
- Volunteers and happy helpers most definitely needed, the more the merrier - sign ups in August!
- Photography by Heather Christenson (because really I just want to take pretty outdoor agility pictures ;-)